The biggest wood pellets suppliers base
Energy from Waste
A move towards greener energy makes Energy from Waste (EfW) a fundamental cog in energy provision. Supported by the Environmental Services Association (ESA) and European Suppliers of Waste to Energy Technology (ESWET), SMi’s 10th annual conference on Energy from Waste will draw critical updates from those shaping the industry.
It will strengthen knowledge in key topics such as EfW feedstock, advanced waste gasification and new financing initiatives, whilst looking at the practicalities of community engagement schemes and keeping attendees at the forefront of technological breakthroughs to adapt to the growing need for sustainable energy.
Understanding current UK policy, potential changes after BREXIT and EU initiatives surrounding the circular economy will be a major focus, as will hearing a selection of case studies from international markets and local authorities currently implementing waste projects including the City of Westminster and the North London Waste Authority CHP Plant.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Andy Pike, Director, Cory Environmental Ltd
- Andrew Hartley, Managing Director, Waste and Bio-Energy, Green Investment Bank
- Euston Ling, Manager, Planning and Technical Solutions, North London Waste Authority
- Jarno Stet, Waste Services Manager, City of Westminster
- Marian Holliday, Head of Commercial Policy Division, Environmental Quality Directorate, Defra
- Mark Sommerfeld, Policy Analyst, Energy from Waste, Renewable Energy Association
- Maxime Pernal, Policy Officer, Cewep
- Pandora Rene, Senior Advisor, Waste Regulation - Regime Regulation, Environment Agency
- Paul Winstanley, Project Manager, Energy Technologies Institute
- Shelly De Souza, Senior Manager, Smbc Europe Division
- Simone Aroni, Director, Energy and Infrastructure Group, Credit Agricole Cib
- Stuart Hayward-Higham, Technical Development Director, Suez Recycling and Recovery
Reasons to Attend:
- Explore the impact of energy regulations and government policy on the UK market
- Benefit from experiences from local authorities and specific projects
- Consider the financing future beyond PPP (Public-Private Partnerships) and PFI (Private-Finance Initiatives)
- Engage with current European policy and the influence of the Waste Hierarchy and Circular Economy thinking
- Gain insight in the latest technological advances in the bio-economy, advanced waste gasification and emerging feedstocks
Country: United Kingdom
Organizer: SMi Group
Address: 1 Westminster Bridge Road
Contact person: Teri Arri
Signin to contact via email!
Views: 1221 Added: 09/01/2016 Updated: 07/27/2017
Number of Ratings: 1 Votes